Entries for 2017 Launch Pad will be open 2 January – 31 March 2017.
To be eligible, designers/teams and their prototypes must comply with the following criteria:
- Have designs in development
- Be engaged in design research
- All designers/teams must be a resident of a country in Asia.
- Applicants may submit up to two (2) entries. Both entries are eligible for selection in the 2017 Launch Pad Finalists Exhibition.
- Products submitted must target the following categories: furniture, lighting or accessories.
- Prototype designs must be less than 24 months old from date of submission.
- Product(s)/Prototype(s) must not be subject to any current manufacturers’ agreements.
- Entrants must have paid the registration fee in full for their prototype to be eligible for judging (see details below).
- If successful in being selected for the 2017 Launch Pad Finalists Exhibition, applicants agree to have their submitted prototype(s) available in Singapore / Hong Kong for live judging and display at the 2017 Launch Pad Finalists Exhibition. Please note, transport will NOT be covered or managed by Indesign Media Asia Pacific.
Entry into Launch Pad 2017 attracts a registration fee, listed below. All registrations fees must be paid in full to be eligible in the program.
- Prototype Entry #1 = $55 (includes prototype entry and workshop attendance)
- Prototype Entry #2 = $20 (eligible for second entry only)
- Workshop attendance only = $45 (includes workshop attendance only, no prototype entry)
All payments made to enter the program are non-refundable. Special circumstances will be considered.
For full Terms and Conditions of the Launch Pad 2017 program click here.
To enter Launch Pad 2017, the two steps below must be carried out:
1. Complete the Online Application Process
To enter Launch Pad the entrant must log onto the Launch Pad Control Room and create an account. There, step-by step instructions will need to be followed to enter the prototype into the competition. Once registered, the entrant can sign into the Control Room anywhere and at anytime to update entry details, upload more images or even enter another prototype.
2. Supply us with Imagery
Entrants are requested to upload 3 high resolution JPEG images of each prototype entered via the Launch Pad Control Room. Images must be:
- 1500 x 1000 pixels
- Landscape in orientation
- Crisp and clean quality image (no pixilation)